The technology is called the Electrochemical Activation of Solutions (ECAS). Water or water solution is treated with electricity in a special electrochemical module. This module has two interior chambers (the cathode and the anode), which are separated by a thick diaphragm that only allows penetration at the ion level.
When the water or water solution flows through the module, it gets treated either by the cathode or the anode. This type of treatment is called unipolar. No additional chemical substances are added during the activation.
As a result of the treatment different properties of water and water solutions are modified, such as the pH, Redox, and molecule structure. The liquid achieves increased reactive properties and becomes either activated drinking water with negative redox, or a safe and effective disinfectant (AQUAECA). Another product of ECAS is catholyte – an efficient deoxidizer and washing solution with high pH.
An important consideration is that the effect on ECAS products is temporal. After a period of time (from several hours to several weeks) ECAS products come deactivated and dissociate into the input products. That explains why ECAS products are environmentally friendly.
What is your conception of disinfectant?
Big plastic bottles of chlorine with an (X) symbol or a blue liquid with a dispenser on the top? Maybe tablets, which you add into the water? UV lamps on water recycling stations?
AQUAECA is an entirely different solution. That is because AQUAECA devices allow you to get any amount of disinfection solution you want using only water, table salt and electricity. You can choose the concentration of the solution according to your needs.
However, the main advantage of AQUAECA is something else:
AQUAECA can replace all the disinfecting and washing solutions of a company or a building.
Why? Because it is:
- Safe: it corresponds to the class of non-toxic substances, it does not irritate
- Efficient: handles with almost all the bacteria, viruses and fungi (incl. E.Coli, listeria, legionella, staphylococcus, salmonella, herpes, hepatitis, HIV, influenza etc.)
- Cheap: you need only 600 W/h in avg. of electricity, table salt and water
- Always by hand: you can produce as much solution as you wish with parameters that you wish
- What are AQUAECA’s working elements?
AQUAECA is produced in electrochemical cells from water and salt using electricity. Ions of the saline solution react in the different chambers of the cells, producing natural oxidizers. Among them – hypochlorious acid (HCLO), chlorine dioxide (ClO2), ozone (O3). Hypochlorious acid, for instance is also produced in the human body as a product of phagocytosis and is our natural disinfectant to fight pathogen bacteria.
Which microorganisms does AQUAECA do away with?
|Acinetobacter baumannii||Adenovirus type 4|
|Escherichia coli (0157)||Bacteriophage MS2|
|Enterococcus species (VRE)||Hepatitis A & B (HAV)|
|Helicobacter pylori||Herpes virus type 1|
|Legionella pneumophila||Human and Animal Influenza (including H5N1 Avian Influenza and H1N1 Swine Influenza)|
|Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare||Human Norovirus (Norwalk)|
|Mycobacterium bovis (TB)||Murine Norovirus|
|Mycobacterium terrae||Poliovirus type 1|
|Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB)||Poliovirus type 2|
|Mycobacterium smegmatis||Aspergillus niger|
|Pseudomonas aeruginosa||Candida albicans|
|Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)||Trichophyton mentagrophytes|
Some fields of application of electrochemical activation
Disinfection, pre-sterilizing cleaning and sterilizing of metal products of simple configuration (scalpels, pincers, etc.), metal products of complicated configuration (needles, wound dilators, forceps for teeth extraction, etc.), different tooth steel drills, glass products (test-tubes, capillaries, etc.), rubber products (catheters, probes, etc.), endotracheal drains, capillary and laminar dialyzers and oxygenerators, endoscopes.
Disinfection and washing of dishes, toys and surfaces covered with plastic, oil paint, linoleum, sanitary and cleaning stock, rooms.
Washing of surgeon’s hands and arms.
Curing of burns, trophic ulcers, dermatosis, festering and inertly granulated wounds, post-operational, post-traumatic, post-injectional and other purulent after-effects, mastitis, bursitis, panaris, non-specific ulcerative colitis, stomach and duodenal ulcers, hypertension, kidney diseases, gout, allergic diseases (including asthma), stomach eczema, leucosis as well as irregulations of metabolism and fermentative function of stomach, salmonella of gastro-intestinal form, colpitis, diseases of immunogenesis dysfunction, gingivitis, acute bacterial dysentery, stomatitis, hemolytic anemia, parodontitis, viral hepatitis A and B, liver and bile duct diseases, angina pectoris, hypertonic desease, diabetes age irregulations of metabolism (obesity, cartilage ossification, keratosis), urate diathesis; reduction and exclusion of antibiotics when curing chronic haematogenic and post-traumatic osteomyelitis, sub-diaphragm, interloop and pelvic abscess of abdomen; curing of fungous diseases, hemorrhoids.
HOUSEHOLD ECA APPLICATION
Decontamination and purification of drinking water.
Treating foods with the purpose of improving their preservation (fruits, vegetables, berries, meat, fish).
Sterilizing items of household use, items of medical care, washing and bleaching of linen.
Cosmetic care of skin and hair; preparation of cosmetic creams, lotions, masks, infusions and decoctions of medicinal herbs.
Treatment and prevention of diseases of pets, tank fishes; indoor plant pest control.
- Comments on operation of the “AQUAECA” installation for manufacturing disinfecting solutions
- Methodological recommendations for application of the aerosol complex ‘AQUAECA-TUMAN’ for disinfecting closed spaces of rooms, containers, transport means, and for sanative treantment of air milieu.
- Methodological recommendations for application of anolyte produced on the AQUAECA installations (modifications 20, 40, 80, 120, 120A, 250, 250A, 1000) for disinfecting water in swimming pools
- Methodological recommendations for application of neutral anolyte produced on the AQUAECA installation for disinfecting performed at the municipal economy sites and in hotels
Decontamination of water in swimming pools; disinfection and washing in hairdressing saloons, baths, nursery schools, kindergartens, supermarkets, children’s summer recreation centers, health farms, sanatoriums, restaurants, cafes.
Stimulation of plant growth and development, increasing the yield of plant crop by way of presowing seed treatment, grain disinfection; pest control, combating viral and fungal plant diseases; composted dung preparation.
LIVESTOCK REARING AND VETERINARY SCIENCE
Washing and disinfection of milk lines, milking apparatuses and other equipment; watering animals for treating and prevention of gastrointestinal diseases.
Bee diseases control, raising immunity and productivity of bees.
PHARMACEUTICS AND PHARMACOLOGY
Sterilization of equipment, production of sterile apyrogenic water, increasing the efficiency of medicinal drug manufacture processes simultaneously raising the quality of medicinal preparations.
The STEL device electrochemical reactors
In the STEL devices, the electrochemical synthesis of the ANC neutral anolyte takes place in the diaphragm-containing electrochemical reactor RFE. The latter is a unit of flow electrolytic module elements hydraulically connected in parallel. The element is a small-size flow diaphragm-containing electrochemical reactor containing cylinder-shaped coaxial electrodes and a thin-walled tubular microporous ceramic diaphragm. The basic dimensions (the diameters of the electrodes and of the diaphragm and the length of the electrode chambers) are chosen to attain optimal conditions for the electrochemical treatment of both strongly diluted and highly concentrated electrolyte solutions. The physical and chemical and the electrochemical properties of the element’s diaphragm, anode and cathode provide conditions for the creation of a self-organizing structure of the diluted saline water solution in the electrode chambers. As a consequence, relatively long-lived (up to 5 days) microbubbles of electrolytic gases emerge which are stabilized by charged unstable products of electrochemical reactions. It is impossible to obtain similar effect in electrochemical reactors of any other type.
A distinguishing feature of the element is its diaphragm’s insensitivity to organic and inorganic contamination (the diaphragm properties can be completely restored by the chemical cleaning of the element without its disassembling). Besides, one can control the chemical composition of the anode or cathode electrochemical synthesis products by varying the pressure difference on the diaphragm up to 1.5 kg(f)/cm2.
Fig. 1. Flow electrochemical module element
1 – cathode; 2 – anode; 3 – diaphragm; 4 – bushing; 5 – head; 6, 7 – seals; 8 – nut; 9 – washer
The element allows concurrent electrochemical treatment of liquids with quite different properties and chemical composition without their mixing, e.g. milk and water, oil or distilled water and saline water solution.
The element is patented in Russia (Patent No. 2078737) and in the USA (USA Patent Application, Serial No. 08/613,968), currently applications for patent issuance are submitted in 50 countries.
The electrochemically activated neutral anolyte ANC which is certified for the applications listed above can be produced only in the STEL devices containing the RFE electrochemical reactors with the elements. Any other electrochemical systems even if they allow obtaining solutions similar in physical and chemical properties are not able to produce the metastable biocidal solution containing the mixture of peroxide compounds, the analogues of the products of natural bioelectrochemical reactions proceeding in the human body and the warm-blooded animal organisms.
The electric power of a single element used in the STEL devices does not exceed 60 W. It is enough for producing from the source solution containing 2.5 g/l of the sodium chloride up to 20 liters per hour of the ANC-type anolyte with the oxidants content 250 – 300 mg/l. The required production capacity of the STEL devices is achieved by the increase of the elements’ number in the RFE reactor and, next (with the production rate over 250 l/h), by the further increase of the number of the RFE reactors connected hydraulically in parallel. There are no basic limitations on the production capacity of the STEL devices. Currently the STEL devices with the production rates from 40 up to 1,000 liters per hour are produced in large scale.
The outer (1) and inner (2) electrodes are separated by a thin-walled tubular porous ceramic diaphragm (3) dividing the interelectrode space into two electrode chambers, the anode and the cathode ones. The electrodes (1) and (2) and the diaphragm (3) are fixed coaxially with respect to each other and are tightly sealed. The interelectrode space (IES) in the element equals to 3 mm.
The diaphragm of the element is made of ceramic on the base of the zirconium, aluminum and yttrium oxides. The diaphragm is highly resistant to the action of concentrated and diluted aqueous solutions of acids, alkalis, oxidants, reducers and aggressive gases (chlorine, chlorine dioxide, oxygen and ozone), is strongly resistive to heavy metal ions, organic compounds and features long life time (50,000 – 60,000 hours).
The outer electrode of the element, the cathode, is made of titanium.
The anodes of the element are made of titanium and are plated with the ruthenium and iridium oxides. Catalytic properties of the anode plating, selective features for the electrochemical synthesis and the ability to produce gas microbubbles of an optimal size are controlled by the technology of coating.
The anode and cathode chambers of the RFE reactor are connected to the capacities of the anode and cathode circulation contours respectively. The contours are designed in the way of closed-type pipings made of the PVCH-CHLORINE polyvinyl chloride. The capacity of the anode circulation contour is equipped with a pressure regulating valve of the “up to itself” type maintaining the increased pressure in the anode circulation contour and blocking losses of the sodium chloride solution.
Aquaeca solution (anolyte)
The mechanism of the biocidal effect of an electrochemically activated solution (ANC anolyte) is similar to that of gas plasma, and its degradation products are source substances, i.e. low-mineralized water.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF THE NEUTRAL Aquaeca solution (anolyte) ACTIVATED SOLUTION WITH RESPECT TO THE HYPOCHLORITE SOLUTION (HPCS)
|Active components||ClO–||HClO, ClO·, ClO–, Cl·, HO2·, HO2, HO·, H·, H2O2, O3, O2·, 1O2, O·|
|Concentration of active components||0.5%||0.02%|
|Washing (cleaning) power||No||Yes|
|Overall mineralization of the active solution||2.5%||0.3%|
|“Wet walls” after-treatment effect||Yes||No|
|Certified application scopes:|
|Certified disinfecting applications:|
|skin, surgeon’s hands||–||+|
|swimming pools’ water||–||+|
|TB prophylactic centers’ sewage water||–||+|
|stored fruits and vegetables||–||+|
COMPARISON OF CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ANC ANOLYTE AND DIFFERENT DISINFECTING SOLUTIONS
|Name, country-manufacturer||Concentration of operational solution, %
(Darkened areas show the concentration ratio)
|Characteristic of antimicrobial effect||Allergenic features and toxicity: classes by the GOST 12.1.007-76
(Darkened areas show the relative levels of toxicity)
|Combina-tion of disinfec-ting properties and detergent ability||Habitua-tion (adapta-tion) of microor-ganisms to the solution||Cost of one litre of operational solution
(Darkened areas show the parity of prices)
|Anolyte АNC (Russia)||0.01 – 0.05||+||+||+||+||+||IV||Yes||No|
|Sodium hypochlorite (Russia, USA, and others)||0.1 – 0.5||+||+||+||+||–||IV||No||Yes|
|Chloramine (Russia)||1.0 – 3.0||+||+||+||+||–||IV||No||Yes|
|Chlorhexydine bigluconate (Russia)||0.5 – 4.0||+||+||+||–||–||IV||No||Yes|
|Lysoformin-special (Switzerland)||0.5 – 4.0||+||–||+||–||–||III||No||Yes|
|Vircon КРКА (Slovenia)||0.5 – 2.0||+||–||+||–||–||III||No||Yes|
|Lysetol-АF (Germany)||2.0 – 5.0||+||+||+||+||–||III||No||Yes|
|Cold Spore (USA)||2.0||+||+||+||+||–||IV||No||Yes|
|Decanex 50FF (Switzerland)||0.5 – 4.0||+||+||+||+||–||III||No||Yes|
Additional information on the ANC anolyte.
The ecologically safe electrochemically activated ANC-type anolyte has the life time which is sufficient for disinfection procedures. After being used it degrades spontaneously without producing toxic xenobiotic compounds and does not require neutralization prior to draining to the sewage system. The neutral anolyte ANC produced in the AQUAECA devices is not only an ecologically safe and highly effective agent for disinfecting, pre-sterilization cleaning and sterilization of medical equipment. Moreover, it is an antiseptic which can be spread over the injured and uninjured skin, the mucous coats, cavities and wounds to prevent development of local infection lesions and sepsis. The electrochemically activated neutral anolyte ANC is a multipurpose agent, exterminating all major systematic microbe groups (bacteria, fungi, viruses and candida) without injuring tissue cells of the human body and other higher organisms, i.e. somatic animal cells which are part of a multicellular system. The neutral anolyte is the solution of the basically new type possessing unique biocidal properties and combining features of the washing, disinfecting and sterilizing agent. The activated ANC anolyte produced in the AQUAECA devices kills disease agents of the bacterial, viral and fungous etiology (Staphilococcus aureus, Bacillus pynocyaneus, Escherichia coli bacillus, hepatitis-B virus, poliomyelitis virus, HIV, adenoviruses, TB agents, salmonollosis, dermatomycosis agents et al.) The ANC anolyte considerably exceeds by its efficiency such well-known disinfecting agents as chloramine, sodium hypochlorite etc.
Positive results were obtained in killing the plague and anthrax agents with the ANC anolyte solutions. High efficiency of the AQUAECA-produced solutions was experimentally proven for decontaminating the combat materiel and equipment with the concurrent degassing as well as for removing toxic components of the missile fuel with the components degrading to non-toxic elementary compounds.
Brief list of certifying documents
- Recommendations on the application of the ANC neutral Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA device for the purposes of disinfection, presterilization cleaning and sterilization. Permission of the RF State Committee on the Sanitary and Epidemic Control dated February 14, 1997, No. MU-17-12.
- The neutral ANC Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA device for the disinfection of surfaces, linen, utensils, instruments and other objects infected by agents of bacterial (including tuberculosis) and viral etiology, presterilization cleaning and sterilization of medical equipment. List of Russian and foreign disinfecting agents authorized for use on the RF territory 0028-96.
- Permission of the RF Ministry of Health and Ministry of Economy Committee on the New Medical Equipment on the launching of production and application in the healthcare practice of the AQUAECA device for the electrochemical synthesis of the neutral Aquaeca solution (anolyte) for disinfection, presterilization cleaning and sterilization dated November 5, 1996, certificate No.7.
- Sanitary rules “Safety measures for the work with microorganisms of the I and II pathogenic groups”, approved by the RF Chief Sanitary Physician, No. SP1.2.011-94, dated May 4, 1994. The rules recommend the use of the Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA devices as a disinfecting agent when working with pathogenic microorganisms.
- Recommendations of the Center for the Sanitary and Epidemic Control of the RF Federal Security Service (FSB) to the heads of the RF FSB military medical institutions, health centers and guest houses on the necessity of using the AQUAECA devices. The recommendations were approved by S. Dan’ko, the FSB Chief Sanitary Physician on September 9, 1995, No. 24/TsS-159.
- Recommendations on the broad use of the AQUAECA devices in the healthcare practice approved by Professor V.S. Savelyev, the RF Health Ministry’s Chief Surgeon, academician of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, on January 11, 1995, No. 12-340.
- Recommendations on the use of the Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA-type devices for disinfecting water in swimming pools, approved by V.I. Kurchanov, the Chief State Sanitary Physician of the St. Petersburg City Center of the State Committee on Sanitary and Epidemic Control, on July 21, 1995, No. 1305.
- Recommendations on the use of the Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA devices for disinfection purposes on the objects of municipal services and in hotels, approved by N.N. Filatov, the Chief Sanitary Physician of the City of Moscow, on December 27, 1994.
- Decree of the Moscow Government on the use of the automated electrochemical AQUAECA devices in the communal services in 1995-1996, dated February 23, 1995, No. 169-RP.
- Recommendations on the use of the electrochemically activated sodium chloride water solutions produced in the AQUAECA devices for the disinfection of cattle-breeding farms. The Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 1995.
- The sanitary and hygienic justification of the use of the Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA-type devices as a disinfecting agent for common fecal sewage waters at local (small) purifying stations. I. Mechnikov St.Petersburg State Medical Academy, 1996.
- Recommendations on the decontamination of the TB prophylactic centers’ sewage waters by the Aquaeca solution (anolyte). Approved by the Chief State Physician of the Voronezh Region on July 31, 1997.
- Recommendations MU 3.5.4.007-97 on the sterilization of endoscopes and their auxiliary components by the Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA device. The Rostov Region Center of the Sanitary and Epidemic Control, 1997.
- Decree of the RF Health Ministry “On the improvement of measures for preventing intrahospital infections in prenatal medical centers” unstructing application of the AQUAECA devices and the electrochemically activated sterilizing, disinfecting and washing solutions they produce No. 345, dated November 26, 1997.
- The Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA devices applicable for disinfecting milk-processing equipment. List of Russian and foreign disinfecting agents authorized for use on the RF territory 0034-97.
- The Aquaeca solution (anolyte) produced in the AQUAECA devices applicable for disinfecting meat-processing equipment. List of Russian and foreign disinfecting agents authorized for use on the RF territory 0034-97.
- Hygienic certificate No.78.SP.09.331.P.06016K98 dated April 30, 1998, issued by the State Committee on the Sanitary and Epidemic Control authorizing the use on the RF territory of the electrochemically activated Aquaeca solution (anolyte) solution in the form of fog produced on the KGA-1 aerosol generator for the cleansing in treatment-and-prophylactic institutions, agricultural premises, food and food-processing industry.
Aquaeca solution (anolyte), code OKP-9392210. “Recommendations on the use of the ANC neutral Aquaeca solution (anolyte) for the disinfection of the meat and milk processing equipment”, approved by the RF Health Ministry Department on the State Sanitary and Epidemic Control.
On all questions of purchase and delivery of goods write at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|THE DEVICES FOR DRINKING WATER PURIFICATION|
|6||element – reaktor FAS-5||120|
|7||element – reaktor FEM-3||20|
|8||element – reaktor FAS 7||20|
|THE DEVICES FOR DRINKING WATER PURIFICATION|
|THE DEVICES FOR THE SYNTHESIS OF ECOLOGICALLY FFIENDLY AND HIGHLY EFFECTIVE WASHING, DISINFECTING AND STERILIZING SOLUTIONS|
|12||AQUAECA(mod 20) manual||20|
|24||AQUAECA (mod 40)automat||40|
|25||AQUAECA (mod 60) automat||60|
|26||AQUAECA (mod 80)automat||80|
|29||TUMAN – AGRO|
|30||TUMAN(with a trolley)|